Lync Mobile device not connecting RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a problem to connect an iPhone via Lync Mobile.

In our Lync-envirement we have a Standard FE and Egde server. The simple urls are working and publish by an squid reverse proxy. Now I installed the mobility and the autodiscover services to my Lync and publish it by the reverse proxy. From outside I can arrive the url https://lyncdiscover.<sipdomain> and I do get prompt a downloadfile which includes the urls to my Lync autodiscover service.

Furthermore, all tests run with TEST-CSMCXP2PIM and are successful. I've updatet the certificates with the two new DNS values.

When I try to connect with the iPhone via Lync Mobile Client I can't login. The client try to log in and give no feedback, the display show the message "lync try to login".

Someone has an idee?

Thanks

• Edited by Tobi1508 Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:13 PM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:11 PM

Answers

• Verify that you are using the proper authentication protocols in Lync Server:

http://blog.schertz.name/2012/03/lync-mobile-ios-client-authentication-issues/

Jeff Schertz | Microsoft Solutions Architect - Polycom | Lync MVP

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, March 16, 2012 9:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Monday, April 2, 2012 7:18 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:19 PM
  • Hi,Tobi1508,

Would you please test if other mobile devices such as Android or Windows Mobile can sign in successfully?

You also can check the KB2636320 to troubleshoot issues with Lync mobile on iPhone.

B/R

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************* Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Edited by Sharon.Shen Friday, March 16, 2012 9:31 AM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 9:31 AM

All replies

• Verify that you are using the proper authentication protocols in Lync Server:

http://blog.schertz.name/2012/03/lync-mobile-ios-client-authentication-issues/

Jeff Schertz | Microsoft Solutions Architect - Polycom | Lync MVP

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, March 16, 2012 9:23 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:19 PM
  • Hi,Tobi1508,

Would you please test if other mobile devices such as Android or Windows Mobile can sign in successfully?

You also can check the KB2636320 to troubleshoot issues with Lync mobile on iPhone.

B/R

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************* Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Edited by Sharon.Shen Friday, March 16, 2012 9:31 AM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 9:31 AM
  • Im using squid reverse proxy as well. In our case, we have a wildcard certificate already in this proxy. Since I havent seen anywhere that wildcards in this reverse proxy dont work, we would like to try with this before purchasing any other public cert. Could you please confirm me if wildcards public certs are accepted here?

Thanks in advance!!

Friday, March 16, 2012 9:53 AM
  • When you use safari to browse to the external URL (for example, https://lyncdiscover.domain.com) are you presented with ANY certificate errors/warnings?
    Friday, March 16, 2012 4:32 PM
  • We use TMG with a wildcard and it works fine. 
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:54 AM