cannot create catalgue of windows 10 image RRS feed

• Question

• version of adk is 10.1.17763.1

Performing the operation "generate" on target "Catalog". Starting: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Bin\Microsoft.BDD.Catalog40.exe" "G:\MDT_Deploy\Operating Systems\NewWin10\NewWin10.wim" 1 > "C:\Users\ADMINI~1.TRS\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft.BDD.Catalog.log" 2>&1 No existing catalog file found. PROGRESS: 0: Starting. PROGRESS: 0: Creating mount folder: C:\Users\administrator.TRSD\AppData\Local\Temp\IMGMGR_NewWin10_win10_vduopcjq.4fz. PROGRESS: 5: Creating temp folder: C:\Users\administrator.TRSD\AppData\Local\Temp\IMGMGR_NewWin10_temp_5dtb332y.0s3. PROGRESS: 10: Mounting Windows image: G:\MDT_Deploy\Operating Systems\NewWin10\NewWin10.wim. This might take a few minutes. ERROR: Unable to generate catalog on G:\MDT_Deploy\Operating Systems\NewWin10\NewWin10.wim: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process    at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.WimImageInfo.PreCreateCatalog()    at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.OfflineImageInfo.CreateCatalog()    at Microsoft.BDD.Catalog.Program.DoCatalog() Non-zero return code from catalog utility, rc = 2002

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 4:00 PM

All replies

• I'm just going to cut/paste my "fix" for when I saw this issue. You can either recreate your Task Seq. and see if that will generate a catalog file, or follow this below. It's chopped up just as a reminder for me of what to do...

In your Deployment Share/Operating systems, check the properties. It will say what the image name is, ex:

CAPTURE-006DDrive and file name: Win8.1E Image.wim.

In WSIM, create a new catalog file and browse to

E:\MDTBuild\Operating Systems\ (OS version)\Sources and copy the .CLG file (install_Windowsxxx).

Paste that CLG file in

E:\MDTDeploy\Operating Systems\(whatever Task).

Copy the WIM name (without the .wim) and rename the CLG, but then add _CAPTURE-XXX,

whatever the CAPTURE-number was from above

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 7:13 PM
  • Thanks I will try it out tomorrow. Does it matter what version of the ADK I have installed for SIM to work correctly?
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 9:08 PM
  • You need to re-import the Operating System again and try to generate the catalog files!
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 3:37 AM