Float fields not populated as Values RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We have a SSAS Tabular mode database. I am trying to connect to it from Excel. I have some float values in two tables. When I try to import one of the tables into a pivot table report, it does populate float columns under values and I can drag it to values field. However, for other table, it just shows me the columns and I cannot use them as values. Is there something I am missing here? Would be thankful for any help!

Friday, June 16, 2017 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Akhilesh,

Thanks for your question.

In this scenario, please try to set the Data Type as Whole Number or Currency in column properties window.

For more information, please refer to Column Properties (SSAS Tabular) .

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, June 19, 2017 2:17 AM
  • You should not need to change the data type to Whole Number of Currency (unless you are happy to lose accuracy or the column actually only contain values that will fit into integer or currency values). Decimal Number should work fine.

However it sounds like the column that you are having issues with may have been detected as a string column as strings can't be aggregated or the Summarize By setting has been changed to "Do Not Summarize". Double check the column type and if it's string then changing it to Decimal Number should fix your issue. Or if the data type is correct then check that Summarize By is not set to "Do Not Summarize".

http://darren.gosbell.com - please mark correct answers

Monday, June 19, 2017 3:49 AM