none
Cannot Connect to the Store (Error Code 0x80072ee2) RRS feed

• Question

• I don't usually go into the Microsoft Store (Windows 8.1), so this may have been happening for awhile, but I attempted to last night and then again this morning. I generally get the following statement/error - "We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or network connection timeout. Please wait a few minutes and try again. (0x80072ee2).

I can get to the actual store after the error message comes up if I hit the back arrow. What seems to be the bigger issue is the connection between the store and my account. Only once was I able to access My Account or check for updates to the apps on my computer. That seems to be the biggest issue as I can get to the store and see apps in the store after the above error message by selecting the back arrow. But checking for app update that are on my computer and selecting My Account or My Apps within the store doesn't work.

I've spent a couple hours looking online and trying fixes listed online for this error code and nothing seems to work (e.g. wsreset, proxy off - already was, troubleshooters, etc.). I haven't done DSIM RestoreHealth or SFC Scannow yet - but this really doesn't seem to be an issue with my computer as everything else is working and I've updated monthly patches each time.

Would be nice to know if others have this issue and if they were able to fix it. Sure seems like something on Microsoft's end, but the error statement makes it confusing and makes it seem something is wrong with my computer. Would be nice if they were forthcoming on things they were working on.

Thank you for any response/help in advance.

• Edited by GRBU2 Thursday, April 19, 2018 2:19 AM
    Thursday, April 19, 2018 2:17 AM