MOSS 2007 Workflow Visibility Restrictions RRS feed

• Question

• I have been tasked with adjusting a current workflow we have in SP 2007. We currently have an approval workflow for process improvements (an example) that users submit and a council approves/denies. Currently, everyone can see everyone's submissions. They would like it so the submitter can only see their own record in the list. While the council members who are in the SharePoint approvers group can see all of the records. I tried limiting this in the advanced settings by checking the block(s) for Item-level Permissions with "Only their own" selected. When I did this though, even the approvers could only see their own test records, not actual submissions. How can I set this list up so the user/submitter can only see their own records while the approvers can see all records?
    Tuesday, July 31, 2018 1:21 PM

Answers

• Those who need to fill out the form (submitters) should have contribute rights & the advanced setting "see only their own" and "edit only their own" should be on.

The council members should have "full permissions" to the list.  That will allow them to see all list items.

Bob

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 7:33 PM