Adjust auto-height parameter for webparts in dashboard designer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am currently building a dashboard using PerformancePoint services 2010. I am facing a problem regarding the appearance of different webparts on my webpage.

There is a “edit item” option in dashboard designer for each webpart. Now when I set the size of the webpart as  “auto-Height”, it takes the whole page of the dashboard as default auto height. For example, even if a chart is small, and its parameter is set as auto height, it will take the full height of the page, and the remaining space is left blank, and the next chart begins after that white space.

And if I fix the size of the webpart to some specific %age of dashboard page, then I get a scroll bar in the webpart, if webpart is big, which does not look good.

What is want is, all the webparts should be auto sized to their heights, and each next webpart should appear just after the previous webpart. So for this, is it possible to configure the auto-height parameter somewhere in the CSS file of the dashboard? So that whenever I apply auto-height, then instead of taking the whole page as the height, it takes only the amount which the chart needs, and the next chart should appear right below, so that no white spaces are there in the dashboard. The scroll bar should appear for the main dashboard page, and not for each webparts.

Please help me with this issue, as this is the last thing which I require to complete my project. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards.

Sumit Agrawal

Sumit Agrawal

Thursday, July 19, 2012 7:07 AM

All replies

• Everything you need to know on dashboard sizing. And there is a reference to CSS files as well in the article.

PerformancePoint Dashboard Sizing Explained

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/

Thursday, July 19, 2012 1:34 PM
  • I have already gone through the article, but it does not serve my purpose.

I have a different issue.

I went through this article. But my question is this:

<v:shapetype coordsize="21600,21600" filled="f" id="_x0000_t75" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" stroked="f">
     <v:stroke joinstyle="miter">
    <v:formulas>  <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0">
      <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0">
      <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1">
      <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2">
      <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth">
      <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight">
      <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1">
      <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2">
      <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth">
      <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0">
      <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight">
      <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0">
     </v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:formulas>
     <v:path gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect" o:extrusionok="f">
     <o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit">
    </o:lock></v:path></v:stroke></v:shapetype><v:shape alt="" id="Picture_x0020_1" o:spid="_x0000_i1025" style="width:515.25pt;height:336.75pt;" type="#_x0000_t75">
    <v:imagedata o:href="cid:image004.png@01CD65D9.78F0FBA0" src="file:///C:\Users\t-suaga\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png">
    </v:imagedata></v:shape>

Its written that auto-size parameter has pre-defined pixel size. Can I change this pre-defined size in the CSS file anywhere?

I want to change it so that I can reduce the amount of space the auto-height is taking.

Thanks and Regards.

Sumit Agrawal

Sumit Agrawal

Thursday, July 19, 2012 2:20 PM
  • Item Size Option #1: Auto-size

This option will size the item by a pre-defined pixel size. Some items such as analytic charts have a fixed default pixel size for auto-width. Some items such as scorecards have more complex auto-sizing algorithms.

This is what i meant..

Sumit Agrawal

Thursday, July 19, 2012 2:21 PM
  • Best bet would be to use the Internet Explorer Developer Tools (F12) to find sytle sheet/class the chart is using. It should give you what you are looking for.

Other option is to use jQuery to get the control and apply style after DOM is loaded.

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/

Thursday, July 19, 2012 6:20 PM