none
BHOLD FIM Provisioning error in BFSS.LOG RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been trying to get BHOLD Suite FIM provisioning service to run for 2 days now.

I've followed the installation guide steps. Using the Technical Reference guide I was able to configure the required MAs to populate the information in the transition tables.

My problem is that BHOLD Core does not transfer the information from fimOrgunit and fimEmployee table.

All the services (B1Service, BFSS and BFPC) appear to be running fine. The only leed I have is an error in BFSS.LOG when the service is started.

Here is the log information:

3:41:39 PM : BFSS service started
    3:41:39 PM : Timer setting is '300', interval is 300000 msec.
    3:41:39 PM : BFSS Log Level is 'verbose'
    3:41:39 PM : BFSS Service Version 5.0.1312.0 initialising...
    3:41:39 PM : using registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node
    3:41:39 PM : Max changes is '50'
    3:41:39 PM : Manage Attribute Roles 'employeeType,ET-;jobTitle,JT-'
    3:41:39 PM : Create Roles is 'No'
    3:41:39 PM : Link Roles is 'No'
    3:41:39 PM : Maintain OU SV Roles is 'No
    3:41:39 PM : FIMStatus implemented is False
    3:41:39 PM : BHOLD DB Server is 'FIM-AD'
    3:41:39 PM : BHOLD DB Name is 'B1'
    3:41:39 PM : Executing query : Select prsDescription from bcPropTypeSets where prsDescription=?
    3:41:39 PM : Select prsDescription from bcPropTypeSets where prsDescription=?
    3:41:39 PM : User Attributes
    3:41:39 PM : Result: 
    <functions>
      <function name='AttributeTypeSetAdd' Description='User Attributes' return='@ID@' />
      <function name='AttributeTypeSetTranslation' AttributeTypeSetID='@ID@' LanguageID='4' Description='User Attributes'/>
      <function name='AttributeTypeSetTranslation' AttributeTypeSetID='@ID@' LanguageID='1' Description='User Attributes'/>
      <function name='AttributeTypeSetTranslation' AttributeTypeSetID='@ID@' LanguageID='2' Description='User Attributes' />
      <function name='ObjectTypeAddAttributeTypeSet' ObjectTypeID='3' AttributeTypeSetID='@ID@' Order='10' Visible='0' />
    </functions>
    3:41:42 PM : 
    <error number="-1" description="msg_username_unknown" source="ScriptProcessor:InitializeByAlias" target="Void RaiseError(System.Exception)" user="FIMLAB\b1user">
      <stackTrace>   at bscript.bholdCommon.RaiseError(Exception ex) in D:\_Bld\10\16\Sources\main\src\samples\BHOLD\2011 R2\Core\include\bholdCommon.vb:line 251
       at bscript.bholdCommon.RaiseError(Int32&amp; vlErrorNumber, String&amp; vsSource, String&amp; vsErrorText) in D:\_Bld\10\16\Sources\main\src\samples\BHOLD\2011 R2\Core\include\bholdCommon.vb:line 236
       at bscript.ScriptProcessor.InitializeByAlias(String vsAlias, String vsApplicationID) in D:\_Bld\10\16\Sources\main\src\samples\BHOLD\2011 R2\Core\bscript.NET\ScriptProcessor.vb:line 155
       at B1.B1ScriptService.Execute(String script)
      </stackTrace>
    </error>
    3:41:42 PM : error while executing script:
    <functions>
      <function name='AttributeTypeSetAdd' Description='User Attributes' return='@ID@' />
      <function name='AttributeTypeSetTranslation' AttributeTypeSetID='@ID@' LanguageID='4' Description='User Attributes'/>
      <function name='AttributeTypeSetTranslation' AttributeTypeSetID='@ID@' LanguageID='1' Description='User Attributes'/>
      <function name='AttributeTypeSetTranslation' AttributeTypeSetID='@ID@' LanguageID='2' Description='User Attributes' />
      <function name='ObjectTypeAddAttributeTypeSet' ObjectTypeID='3' AttributeTypeSetID='@ID@' Order='10' Visible='0' />
    </functions>
    3:41:42 PM : error:Application-defined or object-defined error.
    3:41:42 PM : stack trace:   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ErrObject.Raise(Int32 Number, Object Source, Object Description, Object HelpFile, Object HelpContext)
       at BFSS.BFSS.DoScript(String sScript)
    3:41:42 PM : 0 - Application-defined or object-defined error.

From the StackTrace I get an error "msg_username_unknown", the user name used and display in the stack trace is FIMLAB\b1user. Yes the user exist and is part of the domain admin group. It is also the user used to run the BHOLD services.

From the MAs I can see proper information in both fimOrgunit and fimEmployee tables. The information looks to be valid according to the technical reference guide.

I have also compared my installation with the information from The DIM Blog.

Anyone has an idea where I should look?

Thanks

Patrick

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:39 PM

Answers

• Well, not sure why, but I got it to work.

In the registry hive for bhold\fim I changed the value of the key CoreUser from b1user to Administrator.

So my guess is that I'm missing rights somewhere for the b1user but I can't figure out where.

Anyone with an idea?

Thanks

Pat...

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:24 PM