MS ATA V1.7 Update 2 RRS feed

• Question

• If the update is applied to the console server, can the -gateways remain on the older version and operate properly?

• Edited by David L. Dalton Wednesday, January 25, 2017 8:07 PM chrome messing up
    Wednesday, January 25, 2017 8:03 PM

All replies

• Hello David,

It's recommended to update all the Gateways to make sure ATA functions properly. 

If you already set your ATA Gateways to automatically update, they will receive the update from ATA Central automatically, if not, you can update Gateways manually from ATA Console.

Best regards,
    Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 1:25 AM
  • Andy,

What you stated makes sense. My question is more of can you do it in a phased approach, and what would the impact of doing so. I wanted to see if anyone has rolled out the updates to the gateway in phases, and if they did, did they see any negative impacts from those gateways that were an update behind.

We are talking from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2

Regards,

Dave 

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:42 PM
  • Hello David,

Based on  KB3203681, there are two issues below fixed in Update 2 for ATA 1.7. 

• After you change the certificate that's used by ATA, the new certificate doesn't populate to the ATA Gateway package. Therefore, the ATA Gateway deployment fails.
    • In some scenarios, detection of the “Identity theft using Pass-the-Ticket attack” type may not work as expected.

According to above, the existing Gateway still can work fine without installing the update. 

Best regards,
    Andy Liu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 6:57 AM
  • Hello David,

I just want to check if the information is helpful to you.

Please let us know if you need further assistance for this issue.

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 4:53 AM