none
Export to SharePoint list from excel RRS feed

• Question

• I have two environment one is on the project server 2007 and another is on the project online 2016.Now i export the project center dashboard view by using export to excel option in project center in project server 2007 and open that file in excel and then after i try to export it in project online 2016 by using export to SharePoint list  option in excel but its showing error "cannot connect to the server at this time.your table cannot be published.".
    Monday, December 5, 2016 2:47 AM

Answers

• Dear Ashish,

I think the issue is in the URL that you are providing in excel for exporting the table. You need to provide the URL for the site where you want to create the list rather than the list URL, as the list is automatically created in the SharePoint Site while we export the table from excel.

Regards,

Atul Lal

• Edited by Atul Lal Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ashish sinha 0814 Monday, December 12, 2016 4:52 AM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:05 AM

All replies

• Dear Ashish,

Can you elaborate on

1)What are you trying to achieve?

2)What steps did you take for the same?

Regards,

Atul Lal

Monday, December 5, 2016 6:56 AM
  • I want to upload project center data in Project server 2007 to Project online 2016 list .Steps are as mention below.

(1) Open project server 2007.Then go  the project center and used export to excel option there.

(2) Now select the data and format as table and choose the option export to SharePoint list option there and put list url that exist in project online 2016.But it gives error that "cannot connect to the server at this time.your table cannot be published.".

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 1:40 AM
  • Dear Ashish,

I think the issue is in the URL that you are providing in excel for exporting the table. You need to provide the URL for the site where you want to create the list rather than the list URL, as the list is automatically created in the SharePoint Site while we export the table from excel.

Regards,

Atul Lal

• Edited by Atul Lal Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ashish sinha 0814 Monday, December 12, 2016 4:52 AM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:05 AM
  • Dear Atul,

Thanks for suggestion .It works.

Regards,

Ashish

Monday, December 12, 2016 4:53 AM