SCEP 2012 ADR Definition Updates Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

In our environment we are using SCCM 2012 SP1 and we planned to deploy the built in antivirus solution SCEP 2012 and when it comes to definitions updates deployment , I am having a lot of queries for achieving the same.

1. ADR rule can be targeted to collections so I have multiple collections do I need create separate ADR for each collections if so it would be complex.

2.Average size of the definition update is around 25 MB which is downloaded on daily basis and distributed to distribution point. How can I delete the old definition updates from update store and Distribution point or is there any option to overwrite the old definition updates with the new definition updates.

Is there any best practices for SCEP 2012 deployment.

Another query is about IBCM Public certificates requirement. which type of certificate (wildcard or SAN) is supported and recommended. Is there any link to clarify the certificates requirements and deployment method.

Thanks in Advance,

Thanks Siva Aadhi-CIT. MCITP

• Moved by TorstenMMVP Tuesday, August 6, 2013 12:32 PM moved to Security & Compliance
    Tuesday, August 6, 2013 11:58 AM

Answers

• #1: you can also create a collection that contains all SCEP clients (or something similar) and deploy the definition updates to that.
    #2: automatic clean-up of the package sources was added with SP1.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 12:32 PM

All replies

• #1: you can also create a collection that contains all SCEP clients (or something similar) and deploy the definition updates to that.
    #2: automatic clean-up of the package sources was added with SP1.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 12:32 PM
  • Hi Torsten,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

We have planned to go with SCEP for all the clients in our environment and there are around 30 collections segregated with each location in that case how can I define ADR Rule to get definition updates.

Automatic cleanup of packages nice feature is it enabled by default or we have to enable it. where can I find this setting in Console.

Thanks in Advance,

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 2:37 PM
  • Automatic cleanup cannot be configured. It's enabled by default and you won't see it in the GUI.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 2:41 PM
  • We have planned to go with SCEP for all the clients in our environment and there are around 30 collections segregated with each location in that case how can I define ADR Rule to get definition updates.

As Torsten mentioned, you create a collection of all systems that have Endpoint Deployed.  I believe the query is a deployment state of 3 for Endpoint.  You would use the ADR to deploy to this single collection.  You want the definitions out to all clients asap.
    Tuesday, August 6, 2013 4:45 PM