Microsft Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 7000 Problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a Microsoft natural wireless laser mouse 7000 which I bought as part of a set with a keyboard. The problem I have is the mouse was causing the webpage I was on to zoom in 1000% without me clicking on it, I would reset it to 100% but it would do it again, it would then start zooming all the way out to 25%. I also can't click on the red x to close a window. On my desktop the mouse already has hold of something as if I have dragged something to move it. It also uses the left button as if it was right click when opening things whilst all the other buttons do nothing. I have checked al the configuration and the buttons are assigned correctly. I am really confused and find it difficult to explain (its like the mouse has a mind of its own) but I have tried everything from replacing batteries, uninstalled software and reinstalling it and even moving the wireless receiver to a different USB port. I have no more ideas on what I can do to make my mouse work normally again. Please could you contact me and advise on what I can do next as it is very frustraiting and practically impossible to use the computer with the mouse behaving as it is.

Thanks

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 8:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When did this issue begin to occur?

Has the mouse been drop or spoiled by water?

It sounds more like an issue on the hardware side. I suggest contact Microsoft Hardware support for more accurate information:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-in/support

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 8:21 AM