none
User settings not applied

Question

• Hello,

I have a problem with a GPO for changing some registry values on Windows 10 Pro clients. I created a GPO with some settings for the computer configuration and with some settings for the user configuration. The server is a 2008 R2 domain.

The registry settings for the computer configuration (HKLM) were applied successfully. However, applying the registry settings for the user configuration (HKCU) has failed.

The result of gpedit represents that only the settings for computer configuration has been approved. The GPO is missing in the list of the user configuration.

What I tried:
    - "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" is disabled
    - User group: Authenticated Users
    - Creating as well as updating a registry value
    - Applying the specified GPO settings for Windows 10

Why aren't any settings of user configuration working? How can I effectively change registry values in HKEY_CURRENT_USER? Is there a compatibility issue with Windows 10?
    Wednesday, December 07, 2016 12:48 PM

Answers

• > The registry settings for the computer configuration (HKLM) were applied successfully. However, applying the registry settings for the user configuration (HKCU) has failed.
    > Why aren't any settings of user configuration working? How can I effectively change registry values in HKEY_CURRENT_USER? Is there a compatibility issue with Windows 10?

Because your GPO is not linked to OUs where users are, only to OUs where computers are...?

• Proposed as answer by Todd Heron Wednesday, December 07, 2016 2:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by -honeybee- Wednesday, December 07, 2016 2:10 PM
    Wednesday, December 07, 2016 1:43 PM