none
Add Delegation feature gone awray! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am a PS Admin on PS2010, when I Add a new delegation to act as someone's delegate, in the working on behalf Of people picker I can only see myself listed?  Shouldn't the list be everyone I can delegate for?

Steve

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:35 PM

All replies

• Can you make sure that the "Can be Delegate" option is checked for the Administrator group? This controls if you can be a delegate for other people.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 5:14 PM
  • Hi, yes that permission is granted, however it seems the Working on behalf of List is reduced to only me instead of the PMs who might need to be delegated for?

Steve

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 7:56 AM
  • Hi Steve,

Be aware that if the users' group(s) belong(s) to more than one category, the following procedure has to be made for each category.

To set up who can have delegates assigned to them:

1. On the PWA home page, click Server Settings.
    2. In the Security section, click Manage Categories.
    3. Click the name of the category that contains the user or group for which you want to enable user delegation.
    4. In the Users and Groups section, click the name of group or a specific user in the Users and Groups with Permissions box.
    5. In the permissions box that appears, scroll down to the Resource section, and select the check box for the Manage Resource Delegates permission to turn on the user delegation feature for that user or group.
    6. Click Save to save the permissions on the server.

Reference:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg188106.aspx

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 8:24 AM