none
Missing touchscreen driver for Toshiba Satellite after update - Toshiba is no help, factory reset no help RRS feed

• Question

• Is there ANY way to find/add/download somehow restore my missing touchscreen driver?  When I first called Toshiba they told me to call Microsoft.  Microsoft told me to download the driver from Toshiba's site.  Toshiba does not offer this on their site.  I called them back a few times, until the unit is now out of warranty, and Toshiba just refuses to help other than to say sorry.  I would really like the touchscreen functionality back and have tried the factory reset (through recovery) but that didn't work.  I tried the 'hold the zero key while powering up' but that did not bring up the recovery screen at all.  I'm now up to Windows 10.  There must be some way to get this functionality back.  Thanks for any help!
    Friday, March 2, 2018 7:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Julia.

Did you check the Windows Device Manager to see if there's any device marked with a sign that reports an error? If that's the case, did you try
    If the factory reset does not install again the touchscreen driver (provided that the recovery partition has not been tampered or destroyed), the only way for you to find a driver is looking for it on the Toshiba site https://support.toshiba.com/drivers.
    You wrote that you're running Windows 10, but you have to be sure that Windows 10 is supported on your PC, otherwise there could be no driver for that Windows version and you should revert back your system to the Windows version it was originally installed.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Saturday, March 3, 2018 4:55 PM
  • Hi,

Please provide the exact model name of your Toshiba Satellite.

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Sunday, March 4, 2018 4:20 AM
  • So what update did you install?Did you upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? You mean that the driver is missing from the Device Manager?

If so, after you updating the system, go to settings>update&security>windows update>check for update, make sure that you have install the latest updates.

Then seeing if the touchscreen still has the problem.You can run Troubleshooting tool>hardware and devices to handle this problem.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 5, 2018 7:53 AM
  • Hi,

If you have any problems, please feel free to contact.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 1:58 AM