none
Custom field with MSPJXXXXX in Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Project Server 2010 with SP1 in french and I am having trouble with the generation of a custom field of type Task, number.

The formula is

IIf([Travail planifié] = 0; IIf([Date d'état] < [Fin planifié]; 0; 100); [CBTP] / ([Travail planifié] / 60) * 100)

I tried the same formula in a custom field of a stand alone project and everything worked well.

I have the following issue:

• I typed in the formula as it is here in the PWA at the custom fields definition and the  formula doesn`t save and an error “the formula contains one or more references to fields which do not exist in the system" occurs. As I looked in the look-up tables of fields that come in PWA and I couldn’t find the filed [Fin planifié], I changed my formula just to verify and changed the field [Fin planifié] by [Fin] which is in the list and the formula saved fine and worked fine, but when I tried to modify again the field, my fields were changed by some expressions as MSPJXXXXX where XXXX is a number.

Does anybody know if this can be solved by installing the French language pack? O any other way of solving it?

Thanks a lot!

Monday, April 15, 2013 5:18 PM

All replies

• Valeria:

Inasmuch as you are posting to an En forum, it would be very helpful if you could post the translation of these fields, it is so difficult to know what choice Microsoft might have made in naming these. Does planifié translate to Baseline? If so, you want to look for Fin planifié estimé or something resembling "estimated."

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Friday, April 19, 2013 4:24 AM
  • Hello Gary,

Yes, sorry,  the planifié is the baseline. Travail planifie is baseline work, date d'état is status date, fin planifiée is baseline finish and CBTP is BCWS

Finally I troved that the field fin planifié didn't follow the naming rules and the name for it was fin - planifiée while the rest of the baselines were fin planifié1, etc. I could reached to save the formula and it works well, but it keeps saving the field as some expressions as MSPJXXXXX where XXXX is a number. If I try to save again the formula without any difference, It wouldn't save because of the MSPJXXXX, so I have to keep the formula in some place out of the project server so to make copy and  paste every time I need to modify it.

Thanks for your help

Friday, April 19, 2013 7:06 AM
  • Are you creating a local or enterprise custom field?

Project Server Help BLOG

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:50 PM
  • Gary:

I am trying to create an enterprise custom field. Whe I saved it as a local custom field worked fine, nothing of this happened.

All this MSPJXXXXX appear in the Project Web Access because if I look at the formula via the Project Professional I can see it as I saved it.

Thank you

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:11 PM
  • After creating the field and verifying that it works as a local task field, can you use the "Add to Enterprise" feature? Does it work?

Project Server Help BLOG

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:08 PM
  • Sorry to butt in here, I first saw this in PS2007.  It's a bug, the fields sometimes get wiped out and are displayed as you have reported.  There is nothing to be done but to recreate them.  In 8 years of consulting, I have only seen this once. 

HTH,  Ben.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:32 AM
  • Thank you Ben,

I also saw it in PS 2007; but I thought that this was solved in 2010. Know that I remember,  this was solved in 2007; but I don't know if this was solved by a patch or how.

Regards

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:11 AM
  • I think what I suggested is a workaround. Did you try it?

Project Server Help BLOG

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:33 PM
  • Hi Gary,

Yes, I tried it and it didn't work. The work arround that I am using is saving the formula in a document, and if I need to change it, just paste it from the document.

Regads.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 1:31 AM