none
SteadyState 2.0 & 2.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Where can I find a detailed list of what each checkbox setting control with regards to Windows Restriction and Feature Restrictions?

There seems to be a vast difference in some of the settings between 2.0 & 2.5.  What didn't cause a problem being checked in 2.0 is now causing issues in 2.5.

I am considering migrating from one version to the next.  However, without trial and error, it will take a great deal of time to see if my existing default profile for 2.0 needs additional tweaking for 2.5.

I have ready most of the guides I could find online.  Unfortunately none of them go down to the granular detail I need.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Joe

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 9:12 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Joe, I don't have the detail list of each restriction in SteadyState. For some specific issues, for example, tray icons in system tray disappears, I also need to do some researches on my test machine. I'll check with our develop team and see if the list is available. If yes, I'll send it to you ASAP. Thank you.
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:37 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Joe, I don't have the detail list of each restriction in SteadyState. For some specific issues, for example, tray icons in system tray disappears, I also need to do some researches on my test machine. I'll check with our develop team and see if the list is available. If yes, I'll send it to you ASAP. Thank you.
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:37 AM
  • Sean,

It has been more than a month, but I have not seen any updates to this post.  Has an updated list been released which details the difference between 2.0 and 2.5 in regards to checkboxes?  I am running into issues on my 2.5 test system when using a 2.0 imported profile.  I would like to understand what has changed so that I can resolve my open issues.

Please Advise,

Joe

Thursday, August 21, 2008 3:00 PM
  • Hi,

Can you give us any details about the problems you're having?

You can see the differences in the restrictions between 2.0 and 2.5 by comparing c:\program files\windows steadystate\xml\restrict.xml between the two versions. 

Thanks,

Rob

Sunday, August 24, 2008 6:14 AM