Having issues with users accounts RRS feed

• Question

•    When I log in , any application that I try to log into, I have to right click on it and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR, this doesn't matter what account I am in. I also just got locked out of my administrator account.  It told me user profile not available.

How can I fix this?

Monday, March 30, 2015 8:04 PM

Answers

• Try tapping F8 at startup, and from the list of startup selections, select Safe Mode by using UP Arrow Key to go there > then hit Enter.

Try a System Restore once there, to pick a Restore Point before your problem.

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

• Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Thursday, April 9, 2015 2:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Deason Wu Friday, April 10, 2015 1:15 AM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:27 AM
  • Hi Jcc1128,

When did the issue start to occur ?Have you made any modifications to the machine ?
    Have you tried to create another administrator account and login with it to have a check ?

Please open an administrator command line and run the following command line to enable the built-in administrator account .Then login with this account to have a check .
    "net user administrator /active:yes"

If the issue has gone ,the present account profile may have corrupted .Please refer to the following link to fix the corrupted user profiles .
    Fix a corrupted user profile
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows/fix-corrupted-user-profile#1TC=windows-7
    After we resolved the issue ,please run "net user administrator /active:no" to disable the built-in account .

If there is something wrong with the built-in account profile ,the isssue may be worse.We can run "sfc /scannow" to have a check of the system files` health firstly. Just as S.Sengupta suggested , we also can try a system restore .

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 5:21 AM

All replies

• Try tapping F8 at startup, and from the list of startup selections, select Safe Mode by using UP Arrow Key to go there > then hit Enter.

Try a System Restore once there, to pick a Restore Point before your problem.

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:27 AM
  • Hi Jcc1128,

When did the issue start to occur ?Have you made any modifications to the machine ?
    Have you tried to create another administrator account and login with it to have a check ?

Please open an administrator command line and run the following command line to enable the built-in administrator account .Then login with this account to have a check .
    "net user administrator /active:yes"

If the issue has gone ,the present account profile may have corrupted .Please refer to the following link to fix the corrupted user profiles .
    Fix a corrupted user profile
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows/fix-corrupted-user-profile#1TC=windows-7
    After we resolved the issue ,please run "net user administrator /active:no" to disable the built-in account .

If there is something wrong with the built-in account profile ,the isssue may be worse.We can run "sfc /scannow" to have a check of the system files` health firstly. Just as S.Sengupta suggested , we also can try a system restore .

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 5:21 AM
  • run also this troubleshooting regarding user profile issue

You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error message. The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215?wa=wsignin1.0

• Edited by britishdhez Tuesday, March 31, 2015 5:36 AM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 5:36 AM