none
Is it possible to query a group attribute when a user is added to a set? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I'm struggling to figure out if the following is possible...

When a user is added to a set, query an AD group that matches the set name to get the values from a multi-valued attribute.

Set Name: Role_Test
    AD Group Name: Role_Test
    AD Group Multi-valued Attribute Name: url

The workflow would be triggered by the user user transitioning into the set which would result in the user being a member of both the AD group and the set. However I'm not sure if/how it's possible to reference the name of either group/set in this scenario which would allow me to get at the values in the group attribute so wondering if anyone can help?

Monday, August 6, 2018 4:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Dan,

Are you trying to sync the membership of a Set with AD group?

Has this group been synchronized with MIM Service and Portal?

If both are yes, you can implement by creating an action workflow using MIMWAL which queries a group using the SET name and update ExplicitMembers of the group.

You'll have to create a Set of Sets and MPR that triggers the workflow when Set member changes.

Thanks and Regards, Siva Kumar Balaguru

Monday, August 6, 2018 2:55 PM
  • To read an object other that your current object (Target), you use the Query Resources feature of MIMWAL. So to get to the group with same name as set when the set is updated, you can define a query like this:

Group => /Group[DisplayName = '[//Target/DisplayName]']

You can then access the matching group(s) using the Queries lookup in that activity.

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 12:55 PM
    Owner
  • Hey Siva,

I am looking for a similar scenario where we would like to have a Group as Criteria Based as well as Manually managed.

We know that Sets have this hybrid capability which gave a thought process of "Can we update Security Group as a Set has been updated?"

I would like to know step by step process of achieving this, if you have a working example of this, we can build on top of it.

Thanks for your help

Chander Inguva

Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:08 AM
  • You can define a Group based on a set membership. This is out of the box. However, I get the impression that this is not what you want.

If you need a group that has criteria based as well as manually managed members then best is to create a nested group. So for example, the outer group is manually managed and the nested group is criteria based.

Friday, September 14, 2018 4:25 PM
    Owner