none
Windows Server 2016 - KB4103720 constantly failing to update(multiple machines) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Does anyone have a fix how to install KB4103720? If I go via Windows Updates it keeps returning an error 0x8024001E.

I ran the Update Troubleshooter, didn't find any issues.

I have this error on all my Windows Server 2016 machines.

No WSUS is connected

Monday, June 11, 2018 8:44 AM

All replies

• Delete Downloaded content from below path,

C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution\download

Download again and try to install. 

or Access below  website and search KB4103720 and manually download it and then install later.

https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/
    Monday, June 11, 2018 9:59 AM
  • I would start by reviewing the WindowsUpdate log (you can get this using the Get-WindowsUpdateLog PowerShell cmdlet.  It should provide more information which you can paste here to help others troubleshoot.
    Monday, June 11, 2018 10:18 AM
  • Hi,

0x8024001E - WU_E_SERVICE_STOP. Operation did not complete because the service or system was being shut down.

Please try to re-start system(if possible, please re-start system in Clean Boot), then, try to manually install KB4103720 and check the result:
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4103720

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 9:44 AM
  • TYPICALL. Windows is JUNK pure and simple. Not sure what else anyone can say. But am sure the MicroFanboys will be all over this.

A fresh OS install and this is what we a get with right out-of-box experience. Haaa...so just how many time are we going to bow down to these dotards and keep supporting this insane fucking OS ecosystem.

Nothing works right ever with this shit. Event Viewer from 20 fucking years ago is no better today that it was in their first facing effort. Simple fucking text files that can't even fucking load. How many times do we see "NOT RESPONDING" It's a fucking disaster.

As we can see by this font, MS cannot even build a decent forum for fuck sakes. I know of FREE Forum software the runs circles around Bill'y circle jerk.

• Edited by Hollio Tuesday, April 30, 2019 8:52 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Hackmuss Thursday, July 25, 2019 3:04 PM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 8:50 PM
  • HAHAH OH MY FUCK....

JUST D/L KB4487006 AND GO TO INSTALL IT.....Installer encounter an error:0x8007000d

The data is invalid 

FUCKING CHRIST

Useless fucking company...100% fucking useless hand down the WINNER of "best shit award" ever.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 9:30 PM
  • I am with ya! Been trying for over a year. Even done a clean install of the OS.... Nothing. BTW Microsoft, if reinstalling the OS is the solution to failing updates, There is something wrong with your updates. Hire your testers back and get your shit together.  
    Wednesday, May 29, 2019 10:53 PM
  • I am getting the same issue. I tried all the suggestions of clearing the SoftwareDistribution Download folder and running the update again but that failed. I tried the powershell command by that just printed out a series of files, which I don't know how to read. All Windows updates are still failing. I have rebooted several times. 

I am not going to resort to swearing. I am probably just going to resort to Linux.

Friday, November 22, 2019 11:32 PM