none
UocListView and the RedirectUrl property

Question

• I want an item in my List View to invoke the Edit page instead of the default View but I can't get this to work despite some tantalizing hints in the RedirectUrl property of the RCDC documentation. Here is my control:

<my:Control my:Name="RequestViewCompleted" my:TypeName="UocListView" my:Caption="All Completed Role Requests" my:ExpandArea="true" my:RightsLevel="{Binding Source=rights, Path=Owner}">
    <my:Properties>
    <my:Property my:Name="EmptyResultText" my:Value="There are no role requests for this role." />
    <my:Property my:Name="PageSize" my:Value="5" />
    <my:Property my:Name="SearchControlAutoPostback" my:Value="true" />
    <my:Property my:Name="SearchOnLoad" my:Value="true" />
    <my:Property my:Name="ShowTitleBar" my:Value="true" />
    <my:Property my:Name="ShowActionBar" my:Value="false" />
    <my:Property my:Name="ShowPreview" my:Value="false" />
    <my:Property my:Name="ShowSearchControl" my:Value="true" />
    <my:Property my:Name="EnableSelection" my:Value="false" />
    <my:Property my:Name="SingleSelection" my:Value="true" />
    <my:Property my:Name="ItemClickBehavior" my:Value="ModelessDialog" />
    <my:Property my:Name="UsageKeywords" my:Value="RoleRequestCompleted"/>
    <my:Property my:Name="RedirectUrl" my:Value="~/identitymanagement/aspx/customized/EditCustomizedObject.aspx?id={1}%38type={0}"/>
    </my:Properties>
    </my:Control>

I've tried both relative and explicit paths and in any case I always get the View RCDC and never an error. I had to substitute the &'s in the URL with %38 for the schema to validate, so not sure if this is also part of the problem. I think ModelessDialog is overriding the Redirect, but I've tried Server without the desired effect. I've also tried this form (hex encoding the &) with the same results:

<

my:Property my:Name="RedirectUrl" my:Value="~/identitymanagement/aspx/customized/EditCustomizedObject.aspx?id={1}&#x26;type={0}"/>

Has anyone else done this?

Brad Turner, ILM MVP - Ensynch, Inc - www.identitychaos.com [If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.]
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:59 PM

Answers

• <my:Control my:Name="RequestViewCompleted" my:TypeName="UocListView" my:Caption="All Completed Role Requests" my:ExpandArea="true" my:RightsLevel="{Binding Source=rights, Path=Owner}">
     <my:Buttons>

<my:Button my:Name="Edit" my:Caption="Edit" my:ImageUrl="/_layouts/images/MSILM2/details.png" my:ClickBehavior="ModalDialog" my:EnableMode="OnlyOne" my:RedirectUrl="../customized/EditCustomizedObject.aspx" />

</my:Buttons>

<my:Property my:Name="EmptyResultText" my:Value="There are no role requests for this role." />
    <my:Property my:Name="ShowActionBar" my:Value="true" />
    <my:Property my:Name="EnableSelection" my:Value="true" />

The key is to use buttons. The RedirectUrl property is for the button.

Additionally ShowActionBar  must be true, ItemClickBehavior must be ModelessDialog (which is the default). Enable Selection must also be true.

When you do this then it works just like the Policy Explorer (which is what I looked at to figure this out).

David Lundell, Get your copy of FIM Best Practices Volume 1 http://blog.ilmbestpractices.com/2010/08/book-is-here-fim-best-practices-volume.html
    • Marked as answer by Brad Turner Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:15 PM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Brad!

My recommendation is to use Fiddler or something like it to check what is actually returned by the RCDC, there's so much strange things going on behind the scenes of RCDC that I've realized Fiddler is a must to find out what's happening but usually it's an "expected behavior" that you can't do much about...

//Henrik

Henrik Nilsson, ILM/FIM MVP Blog: http://www.idmcrisis.com Company: Cortego (http://www.cortego.se)
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:35 PM
  • <my:Control my:Name="RequestViewCompleted" my:TypeName="UocListView" my:Caption="All Completed Role Requests" my:ExpandArea="true" my:RightsLevel="{Binding Source=rights, Path=Owner}">
     <my:Buttons>

<my:Button my:Name="Edit" my:Caption="Edit" my:ImageUrl="/_layouts/images/MSILM2/details.png" my:ClickBehavior="ModalDialog" my:EnableMode="OnlyOne" my:RedirectUrl="../customized/EditCustomizedObject.aspx" />

</my:Buttons>

<my:Property my:Name="ShowActionBar" my:Value="true" />
    <my:Property my:Name="EnableSelection" my:Value="true" />

The key is to use buttons. The RedirectUrl property is for the button.

Additionally ShowActionBar  must be true, ItemClickBehavior must be ModelessDialog (which is the default). Enable Selection must also be true.

When you do this then it works just like the Policy Explorer (which is what I looked at to figure this out).

David Lundell, Get your copy of FIM Best Practices Volume 1 http://blog.ilmbestpractices.com/2010/08/book-is-here-fim-best-practices-volume.html
    • Marked as answer by Brad Turner Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:15 PM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:24 AM
  • Sweet, and this works when bound the attribute picker control popup?  I'll need to test this...

I don't recall seeing anythign in the docs indicating that this was button specific - great idea to cannibalize Policy Explorer. :)

Brad Turner - www.identitychaos.com [If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.]
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:14 PM