none
Set AD computer description as part of ZTIDomainJoin.wsf RRS feed

• Question

• I need to have the computer description set after joining the computer to the domain.

I dont like the idea of adding a script to my task sequence because we add many task sequences all the time and it will get forgotten to add this script in.

Therefore i want to change ZTIDomainJoin.wsf to add the description after doing a domain join.

Ive added the code in but it just never adds the description, im thinking its because its trying to do an LDAP immediately after adding the computer and it cant find it?

Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:02 PM

All replies

• I need to have the computer description set after joining the computer to the domain.

I dont like the idea of adding a script to my task sequence because we add many task sequences all the time and it will get forgotten to add this script in.

Therefore i want to change ZTIDomainJoin.wsf to add the description after doing a domain join.

Ive added the code in but it just never adds the description, im thinking its because its trying to do an LDAP immediately after adding the computer and it cant find it?

Adding scripts to a MDT process is what aids in automating fuctions, so adding addtional is scripts is a normal part of a deployment process. Once you add them they are  always a part of the process, also you should be documenting the process and any changes.

Following Johan's guide to carry out this process and your done.

http://www.deployvista.com/Blog/tabid/70/EntryID/146/Default.aspx
    Friday, February 14, 2014 5:00 PM
  • Saturday, February 15, 2014 7:54 AM
  • Doing it this way means I have to specify a specific account for doing the script and its password - not ideal when we have 30 odd task sequences and passwords that change every 30 days.

I need it to do it as part of the process then it uses the already supplied domain admin credentials

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 3:14 PM