Documents Folder on Windows 7 keeps disappearing RRS feed

• Question

• I have one user (Windows 7 x64) whose C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents folder keeps disappearing.  it's contents are backed up into subfolders within the folder C:\Users\XXXXX\oldFiles.  I have no idea why this is happening.  Most of my staff don't use that folder but one person has an app that requires it.

I noticed a similar issue on another person recently but their folder doesn't disappear, it's contents just get backed up to that same oldFiles folder.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:43 PM

Answers

• Hey Alex.  My only update is that I am going to work around this issue.  I have no idea why it is happening, and seemingly to only a couple of people.  if it becomes a real problem I will open a support case with MS and post the resolution here.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, March 4, 2013 8:12 AM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you have any backup software running in the background?

You said one application would need the subfolder, if you disable this application, it would stop this phenomenon?

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:35 AM
  • Alex,

No, we do not have any backup software running on the desktops.  I can't disable that application because it is needed.  All that application does is place excel reports there when they are exported from a Great Plains report viewer.

Very bizarre.....

Thanks.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:07 PM
  • Hi,

You can restore you library to the default for a test.

But this may be caused by a third party software behavior,  so you could test in clean boot mode to observe for a period of time.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

if all methods fails to work,  we can try another account to check if this issue persists.

Alex Zhao

Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:46 AM
  • Hi,

I am just writing to check the status of this thread. Was the information provided in previous reply helpful to you? Do you have any further questions or concerns? Please feel free to let us know.

Alex Zhao

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:55 AM
  • Hey Alex.  My only update is that I am going to work around this issue.  I have no idea why it is happening, and seemingly to only a couple of people.  if it becomes a real problem I will open a support case with MS and post the resolution here.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, March 4, 2013 8:12 AM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:13 PM