Windows Lock after connecting to VPN RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

Would like to know why one of our user's computer will Lock after connecting VPN.  When he Login back, the VPN is connected.

Where can I change the setting? I think it is follow his windows profile, it is no problem when I used another user profile on his laptop. Thanks!

Monday, April 24, 2017 7:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are there any errors or warnings recorded in the Event Viewer(Windows Logs\Applications, System)?

Are you using Microsoft VPN or a third party VPN? Is this a domain environment?
    If you are using Microsoft VPN, try to recreate VPN and ensure you have chosen “allow other people to use this connection” option.

Best regards,
    Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 10:17 AM
  • Check the event viewer and see whether is there any log related to this problem?
    Tuesday, April 25, 2017 3:30 PM
  • Dear Joy, 

Thanks for your reply, I am using Pulse secure SSL VPN to connect. There are no error message in user's PC event viewer.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 5:33 AM
  • Hi,

Is the VPN installed for all the users?

Please try to reinstall the third party VPN then check the symptom again.

If the software is only installed based on the user, I would recommend to ask for help from Pulse Secure support. As they are more familiar with their product and they may have more resources to help you.

Best regards,
    Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 8:48 AM