none
Discovering the DB and schema info for Oracle on Unix, Linux, Other OSs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Can anyone brief me on what protocols used in discovering the DB and schema info for Oracle running on non MS OS?. I also need some info on the system requirements for Non MS OSs and what i should eye for when these are being run for Discovery against non MS OS. Appreciate a quick response.

Thank You

N.Raja

nraja
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:17 AM

All replies

• The only Non-Microsoft OS that MAP identifies is Linux.  We have tested it on recent versions of Red Hat, CentOS, Suse, and Ubuntu, although most distros should work.  Oracle is identified as part of the LAMP stack and is reported by MAP in the Hardware Summary report and the MySQL, Oracle, Sybase report.  In 6.0, which is in beta at the moment, MAP has added support for a more in-depth query of the Oracle database engine.  MAP uses SSH to collect data from Linux and for the in-depth Oracle inventory, you must have the Oracle client installed on the same machine that has MAP on it and enter the appropriate admin credentials into the Inventory Wizard.

Thanks

Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:25 PM