Com Surrogate asking for login RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I boot up my laptop I get a pop-up that states "Security Center Com Surrogate Connecting to my work email." I've run multiple virus and malware scans and cannot find anything out of the ordinary.  Is this normal, if so what is it. For what it is worth, I am running Windows 10
    • Edited by PG855 Saturday, June 25, 2016 8:47 PM
    Saturday, June 25, 2016 8:33 PM

All replies

• Please read this wiki to find out how to find and upload your event viewer logs

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM  if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...
    Should you have any questions please ask us.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Saturday, June 25, 2016 9:50 PM
  • Thank you for the fast response.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aug4yIwt6n7ui3IEY1ZKXoYZJ4g0

I hope I did this right.

• Edited by PG855 Sunday, June 26, 2016 2:28 PM
    Sunday, June 26, 2016 2:23 PM
  • Hi,

I recommend you test this issue in Clean boot mode, and see if we can find which certain startup option or 3rd part service cause this issue:

How to perform a clean boot
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If the issue doesn’t appear, you can determine which one can be the cause by using dichotomy in MSconfig. Checking on half of Non-Microsoft service and restart, determining which half of the services cause the issue and repeating to check half of the problematic half services.

Sorry to see that I cannot access the share, would you mind to re-do this?

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, June 30, 2016 6:04 PM
  • I have the exact same problem.  Clear boot didn't make a change.  SFC confirmed that all files were fine.  Can't find any technical support on this anywhere.  Most frustrating.
    Tuesday, July 5, 2016 3:48 PM
  • I have the exact same problem.  Clear boot didn't make a change.  SFC confirmed that all files were fine.  Can't find any technical support on this anywhere.  Most frustrating.

Did this issue happen in Safe mode?

If not we can try the security scan in safe mode to see if we can get this issue fixed.

Also, if this issue just happened recently, try System restore option to see if it works for you.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 7, 2016 2:56 PM
  • Thanks for your suggestions.

I have booted in Safe mode and performed a full virus scan with both Malware Bytes and Windows 10 Defender and no issues were found.  The problem still exits.

Note that this is an issue that has been occurring for a few months (

Saturday, July 9, 2016 5:53 PM
  • Thanks for you suggestions.

I have booted in Safe mode and performed a full virus scan with both Malware Bytes and Windows 10 Defender and no issues were found.  The problem still exits.

Note that this is an issue that has been occurring for a few months (because I've been searching for a solution for that long), so doing system restore would be a pain to do, as I've installed other software since.

Saturday, July 9, 2016 8:29 PM
  • I recently (last night) started getting the same issue. It started within an hour of installing office 2016 (64 bit) from the office 365 site.
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 6:48 PM
  • Same! 

• Proposed as answer by seb_kal Tuesday, July 18, 2017 5:09 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by seb_kal Tuesday, July 18, 2017 5:09 PM
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 5:06 AM
  • Problem still exists ! Does anyone have a solution ?
    Tuesday, July 18, 2017 5:11 PM
  • I recently (last night) started getting the same issue. It started within an hour of installing office 2016 (64 bit) from the office 365 site.

Ditto!  Literally just had the same thing after I had installed Office 2016 earlier today.

Can't see the Enabled flag for the... err Enabled flag

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 7:20 PM
  • i have the same problem is there any solution ?
    Thursday, December 21, 2017 8:36 PM
  • i have the same problem is there any solution ?
    Has anyone found a solution to this? Every day I get this prompt. Even if I put in my credentials.
    Thursday, August 30, 2018 1:36 AM