Sound RRS feed

• Question

•  

It's really frustrating. I have installed on some PC Vista, and there's laways troubles to get the sound working with onboard RealTek device.

On the latest PC (Vista Ultimate 64Bit, Mainboard Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3, ALC889) the Relatek driver was successfully installed, but there was no sound output, Media Player couldn't play (no device found).

All the devices are installed correctly, no missing driver.

I updated the BIOS, used the latest driver, but when I use the latest driver of Realtek (Vista 1.84), the sound mixer loose the device (the speaker symbol has a red cross).

Thanks for any help.

Eric

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• Open Sounds in the Control Panel and change the default to "Speakers" rather than "Digital Audio Interface".

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 12:45 AM
  •  

Thanks, but this is not the case.

All the output are set correctly. It's something more serious.

Eric

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:22 AM
  •  

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the post.

The issue can occur if the sound card driver is incompatible with Windows Vista.

I suggest installing the latest driver from the following link:

ftp://202.65.194.211/pc/audio/6251_Vista_APO.zip

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

If the issue persists, please let me know the brand and model of your computer and send me the System Information for further research:

System Information

==============

1. Press Start, type in msinfo32 in the Start Search bar and then press Enter.

2. Choose Save from the File menu and save it as an NFO file.

3. Find the file, right-click on this file, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

4. Send the compressed file to us.

I have created a FTP site and you can upload the above files to me from the following site:

https://sftus.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=adcdbea4-c867-4e28-bb07-5323ad65d9e4

Password: i5s3l^ayx$O4$

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Online Community Support

Thursday, January 24, 2008 2:14 AM
  •  

Thanks Tim,

I sent you the file. The computer is not a known brand.

Eric

Thursday, January 24, 2008 10:09 AM
  •  

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the reply and sending me the file.

From the System Information, it seems that it is not an English version of Windows.

As your sound card is Realtek High Definition Audio one, I suggest trying the following driver:

ftp://202.65.194.211/pc/audio/Vista_R185.exe

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

What’s the result?

If sound still cannot be heard, since we do not familiar with the language of your system, it is difficult for us to perform further troubleshooting steps, such as capture the log file.  These newsgroups are geared to answer on the English version of the product. For support for localized versions we request that use the support resources appropriate to that language. Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/partner and click on the Worldwide Sites link to find the appropriate resources for your language.

If the issue is urgent to your business, it is recommended that you contact Microsoft Product Support Services via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist you recover the server in a more efficient manner. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Monday, January 28, 2008 9:17 AM
  • Hi Tim,

Yes, it's a spanish version of Vista.

I haven't installed the driver because the location doesn't seems very trustful to me.

Somewhere in Hongkong, but who is it?

The version of the files are also older than those from RealTek.

So I haven't tried this driver.

For me the problem is, that I have installed the Spanish version in Switzerland, where they are german speaking.

So the local support has the same problem like you.

But anyway, thanks for your help.

I will try an external sound card.

Eric

Monday, January 28, 2008 1:14 PM
  •  

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the reply.

Please try the following latest driver now. Its update time is 2008/1/21.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

If the issue persists, you may need to contact our Microsoft Support in Spain. Thank you for your understanding.

http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/phone/contact.aspx?country=Spain

If it is inconvenient for your to contact our Microsoft Support in Spain, you can use another sound card.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 5:27 AM