Event subscription problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

Im trying to setup Event Subscription, where Windows 2008 R2 is collector machine and Windows 2003 R2 SP2 x64 are source computers.

First I was trying to setup Collector initiated subscription. Everything went fine during the setup, I have added Windows 2003 computer (in same domain as Win 2008), connection test is OK, status of the subscription is Active. BUT - when I press Runtime status, client machine returns error as follows:

Error - Last retry time: 20.2.2013 12:31:22. Code (0x8033813D): The WS-Management client cannot process the request. The event source machine is not joined to a domain. To set up a push subscription session to an event source the source has to be connected to a domain. To fix this problem either join the event source machine to a domain or use PULL as the delivery mode for the subscription.   Next retry time: 20.2.2013 12:41:22. 

Cant find the problem. Both machines ARE in same domain. Computer account of my collector is added to Local Administrators on Windows 2003.

Anyone could give a hand here?

THX

Leoš

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I find a similar issue from our TechNet forum which you may refer to:

Filtrar log de auditoria en windows server 2008R2

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-ZA/wssmes/thread/73d46144-a5aa-452e-9935-f507f29117b9

After translating the answer, we may try to set the Group Policy mentioned in this thread.

Finally<//span> I made it.

Besides all the steps followed, I configured:

a group policy (or local politics) for these computers send events to WebService Management (Windows Remote Management) via HTTP.
    The policy setting is located in Computer Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Event Forwarding and called Configure the Server, Refresh Interval, and Issuer certificate authority of a target Subscription Manager

Regards,

Arthur Li

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:57 AM