none
Planning Wizard Pop-up Message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am getting the following message while opening the project :-

----------------

Planning Wizard

This action will cause a scheduling conflict. Task Number of 'Project Name' has a task constraint or is linked to a task that cannot move, and as a result the constraint or the link cannot be set.

You Can:

* Cancel. Avoid the scheduling conflict.

* Continue. Allow the scheduling conflict.

Ok Cancel Help

* Dont Tell Me about this again

-----------

Need advise for corrective action as I have checked the Task Number & the predecessor and successor & not able to identify the issue if any

Monday, May 20, 2019 6:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You get this message because you have a conflict: it seems like a task which cannot move has a predecessor which tries to move it forward. Usually the task cannot move because it has actual work or a constraint. So check the task ID in the popup, scroll down to the task and check the predecessor or the constraint.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, May 20, 2019 7:30 AM
  • Hi,

Checked for the Task ID, Predecessor & Successor as well of the Task wherein unable to identify the area wherein correction needed.

Kindly advise

Monday, May 20, 2019 8:49 AM
  • It is difficult to debug just like this, with no more detail, screenshot or proejct plan. 

Check the actual work, constraints, resource, etc..

Hope this helps,

Monday, May 20, 2019 11:14 AM
  • Kindly share with your Email & Contact No., I will share more details as needed for analysis 
    Monday, May 20, 2019 11:19 AM
  • You can contact me thourgh linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/guillaumerouyre/

Hope this helps,

Monday, May 20, 2019 11:23 AM
  • Hi,

While I was not able to connect, Is there any other details that I may can help enable you to diagnose the probable cause.

Thanks

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 11:34 AM
  • Can't you contact me through LinkedIn? Otherwise try guillaume_rouyreAThotmailDOTcom (replace caps accordingly).

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 12:46 PM