none
I desperetly need help!!! how can I remove the group policy I made on my domain controler? RRS feed

• Question

• I desperetly need help... I have a domain Active directory on a windows 2000 Server and I moved the rights I made on a pc with steadystate to the server with the active directory with SCTSettings.adm. Then I did some changes in the group policy hopping that this will affect only to users that also have Steadystate restricting the right click on desktop, the access on C:\, and in all windows programs.
    Is there other way to have access to the gpedit (group policy editor) to change the policy again ? cause even the administrator doesn't have any rights now and... I think... this is a HUGE bug!!!! nomater what administrator shouldn't affect on any change of GROUP policy...

Pls I need help imidiatly not to setup the server again cause I have 200 users to put again in active directory one by one...
    Tuesday, July 8, 2008 1:55 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi, I consider this inquiry would best be posted to Windows Server newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.general

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 8:14 AM
  • This forum is official forum from Microsoft to share knowlege about steadystate and my problem is with the affect that steadystate has on my server. I thought you would be more helpfull but in any case pls consider this at least... PLEASE when you make a program that affects server-client comunication DO NOT let the program affect on Administrator rights!!! its the 1st rule that you should consider before trying to make ANY program like this. ONE user HAS to be able to change the settings and this must be administrator. This user is not Everyone, this user is The User. So atleast write this on SteadyState handbook.
    Thanx for answering me atleast
    Wednesday, July 9, 2008 9:43 AM