none
*** Secondary DPM server has lost agent connection primary DPM server *** RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Need help urgently... Have lost my agent connection from my secondary (replica) DPM server to my primary DPM server.. An error id: 270. Perviously I was able to perform secondary replica backups, But now I'm getting an erro on the agent status... I'm able to ping both devices from each end device and I've tried running the setdpmserver.exe -dpmservername command but nothing!!..

Is there anyway you can re-establish an agent connection after it has errored or do you have to remove all the protections groups, uninstall the agent, reinstall the agent and create the protection groups again... Need help urgently..

Thanks,

King

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:06 PM

Answers

• Hi

Verify that you can telnet on all nedded TCP port from your DPM server to the workloads you are protecting. Your secondary DPM server must have COM+ rights etc for making a secondary protection. Firewall changes?

You could try to stop the protection, retain the data on the secondary dpm server, disable the secondary protection of a MS server your protecting and enable it again.

Good Luck

Robert Hedblom

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com
    Monday, August 30, 2010 12:40 PM

All replies

• Hi

Verify that you can telnet on all nedded TCP port from your DPM server to the workloads you are protecting. Your secondary DPM server must have COM+ rights etc for making a secondary protection. Firewall changes?

You could try to stop the protection, retain the data on the secondary dpm server, disable the secondary protection of a MS server your protecting and enable it again.

Good Luck

Robert Hedblom

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com
    Monday, August 30, 2010 12:40 PM
  • Please re-open the thread if the above steps do not help in resolving the issue.
    Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:39 AM