none
Possible to do end user file recovery from volume instead of share? RRS feed

• Question

• I have end user recovery configured and it works fine via share, but it does not list any previous versions for the same files at the volume level.  For instance, I have a folder c:\shared that is shared out as \\myserver\shared.  While logged into the console of the server 'myserver' I do not see any previous versions if I navigate in Windows explorer to c:\shared, but if I open \\myserver\shared (the same location but through the network) I do see previous versions.  Is this expected behavior?  I was hoping to be able to allow custodian's to restore their own files without backup administrator intervention.  This is DPM 2010.
    Friday, October 15, 2010 10:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• This is expected behavior, use \\myserver\shared to view previous versions.

\R2 This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Monday, October 18, 2010 1:23 PM
  • I have hundreds of servers I caretake, each with separate custodians.  I would like the custodians to be able to restore files that are not inside shares without the backup administrators being involved (e.g. self-service).  Is there a way to implement this functionality with DPM?  I know the files are backed up since they can be restored from the DPM console, but is there any way to get that same self-service functionality that exists for shares on folders that are not shared?
    Monday, October 18, 2010 7:35 PM