Exchange mail receiving delayed RRS feed

• Question

• When I do email another such as external gmail and yahoo delay receiving email  from exchange mail server 2016 ,   It takes 40 or 50 seconds to go mail in gmail and yahoo.

Please suggest any advice for me.

• Edited by Parvez BD Monday, October 22, 2018 4:48 AM
    Monday, October 22, 2018 4:17 AM

All replies

• Hey Parvez

Delay in receiving the mail is based on various factors. The type of E-mail client, server, and many others. So, it is advised to check the Exchange mail server. Maybe the server is taking long response time due to files and folders present in it. You can delete unnecessary items from the mailbox so that they no longer be required by the server. 

This will give the database space to process EDB files easily enhancing the performance of Exchange mail server. Moreover, check you are connected to a strong internet connection. 

Monday, October 22, 2018 5:08 AM
  • Hello , 

From your description i understood that your mails send from your exchange servers to external domain like gmail, yahoo are delivered with delay .

1.Analyze the received message headers either through MX Toolbox or through remote connectivity analyzer to find out the reason for the delay .

2.Then do a message track in your exchange server as well on gateway product to find out the reason.

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Monday, October 22, 2018 8:40 AM
  • Hello

tip:

catch "slow" email from gmail and copy header to https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/ Message  Analyzer and check where is latency

sorry my english

Monday, October 22, 2018 9:26 AM