none
Multi Project Consolidation Tool? RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for any tool that will take a large number of MS Project 2007 or 2010 files that have a large number of cross-project linkages and consolidate them into a single file with all links resolved internally to the single file.

In my case I am talking about ending up with 20,000 - 30,000 tasks in the single file. The files are resource loaded and have many custom fields populated with data. These are not on project server, but if the tool works with project server that is great.

Sobolsoft has something in CNET downloads for $20 but the website is down and I am not even sure this person is in business anymore. Does anyone have experience with that product? Is that business still alive?

On the other extreme of cost, I know of a product that costs $22k. Frederick Klatt product.

John, I could not decifer your email adress in your post offering to sell your macro. My email bounced. How well advanced is your product now? Old post

Anyone know of some vendors or downloads that I have not listed?

Many thanks for any help.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:25 PM

All replies

• Quizzed again,

Interesting you should ask. Just recently I discovered a bug in Project 2010 that caused Project 2010 to crash when my DynamToStatic macro was run on a dynamic file. I have since modified the macro to work around that bug and the macro is now at version 2.13.

The biggest file I've ever converted is about the size you indicate 20K+ tasks. It took several hours to convert but it did work.

If you are interested, contact me at the address below. As far as decoding it, how many "@" and how many "." are in a normal e-mail address? Answer that question and you've got it. Note: I encode my address to prevent spam, not to challenge users who want to contact me.

John

jensenljatatfastmaildotdotfm

(remove obvious redundancies and the 7th character is a letter)

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:31 PM
  • Quizzed,

Message sent.

John

Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:44 PM