none
Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Upgrade.SPServerProjectSequence failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I've been trying to install PS2010 in a single server which has all the prerequisites correctly installed,  then when I run setup, the setup completes succesfully, but when I run the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard it fails and throws these error messages in the log:

11 13:17:39  14  ERR                  Task upgrade has failed with an unknown exception
    09/09/2011 13:17:39  14  ERR                  Exception: Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeException: Action 14.0.2.0 of Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Upgrade.SPServerProjectSequence failed. ---> System.ArgumentException: The parameter 'sectionGroupName' is invalid.
    Parameter name: sectionGroupName
       at System.Configuration.MgmtConfigurationRecord.GetSectionGroup(String configKey)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPIisWebServiceSettings.ProvisionWebSiteSettings()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPIisWebServiceInstance.Provision()
       at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Administration.PsiServiceInstance.Provision()
       at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Upgrade.PsiServiceInstancesSPServerProjectUpgrader.ProvisionPsiServiceInstance()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPActionSequence.Upgrade()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPActionSequence.Upgrade()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeSession.Upgrade(Object o, Boolean bRecurse)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPersistedUpgradableObject.Upgrade(Boolean recursively)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPManager.InplaceUpgradeAdministrationWebApplication()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.UpgradeTask.Run()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.TaskThread.ExecuteTask()

I've been trying to find info about this but I haven't been able to find something related.

Could someone please help me with this?

Friday, September 9, 2011 6:42 PM

All replies

• Can you please tell us more? Is this an upgrade? Does the SP server is already running fine?
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 5:42 AM
  • Thank you Christophe. Everything looks ok, the SP server is running ok. This server had at first just Sharepoint Foundation, then I did a correct installation in place of SP Server, everything works ok, I ran the SP Prods Config Wizard and also succeeded. After that I ran the setup of PS, it succeedes, but when I try to run the  SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard it fails and throws the error stated above.

It is not an upgrade from PS2007

I tried to ignore the error and see if I could setup a Project Server Application, but it also fails and says:

All Project Application Service instances are stopped. Start at least one Project Application Service instance.

The OS is WinServer 2008 R2 Standard

:(

Thank you !!!!

Monday, September 12, 2011 5:20 PM