Query machine has been taken out of rotation, but its not a query machine RRS feed

• Question

• I am geting the very frequently discussed Query machine error on one of my server, its only one server

of of 4 and it cause search to sporadicaly stop working.

The unusual part is this isnt a query machine, it doesnt have Office Server Search active or configured

Here is the error.

e

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Office Server Search
    Event Category: Search service
    Event ID: 10038
    Date:  3/26/2013
    Time:  12:09:33 AM

Query machine has been taken out of rotation due to this error: The system cannot find the file specified.   0x80070002.  It will be retried in 15 seconds. Component: abfac237-d8bc-495b-a94d-63e9ecc8bd13

This farm does inherit SSP from another and the issue only seems to effect the child farms, the parent is fine.

Not even sure if the error is directly related to the issue

• Edited by themush1326 Sunday, April 14, 2013 12:12 PM
    Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your question. I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 15, 2013 3:10 AM
  • thank you, I have been able to confirm that only 1 server in this farm has this issue where search fails, it fails most of the time on that one server

The server in the error it is referring to is in a parent farm and both child farms have at 1 server that have the error

The server in the error is confirmed not be a query server but was at one time

Is there some kind of caching that the child servers could have that are causing the error

Monday, April 15, 2013 11:33 AM
  • Hello,

Can you verify if similar error is thrown on the parent farm where the search service is hosted? Idea is to ensure topology and search service is healthy on the parent farm. Does ULS log point out anything about the component id abfac237-d8bc-495b-a94d-63e9ecc8bd13?

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Regards,
    Nishant Shah
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:39 AM