none
cross farm Fast content SSA/Query SSA RRS feed

• Question

• Farm A is having SharePoint and its connected to Fast Farm with content( with different content sources) and query SSA. I want to get all the content in farm B that means if I search something in farm B , I should be able to get all the results which i get in Farm A. 

I have tried publishing query ssa and content SSA to farm B but it didn't work. What can be the best way to get content in Farm B?

Regards, Bhuttan

Thursday, June 14, 2012 1:53 AM

All replies

• There are two options.

1. Consuming the FARM A(Query SSA) from From B. Refer the below blog on how to consume the search service from from FARM A to FARM B

http://marlonsalvador.blogspot.com/2010/08/sharepoint-2010-publishing-and.html

2. You can also federate the search results.(ie showing the search results of FARM A from Farm B through Federated search results.

Sriram S

Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:04 AM
  • Thanks Sriram for replying. As I said above I have tried publishing Query SSA from Farm A to Farm B. But that didn't work . The link that you have mentioned talked about enterprise search . When I said Query SSA, I meant Fast Query SSA. 

Do i need normal enterprise search service application also in Farm B, if I am consuming query SSA?

In Farm A, I have different content sources some are going to external sites, some are local and some file share. If I use Federated search how that will help ?

Regards, Bhuttan

Thursday, June 14, 2012 12:55 PM