none
Unable to uninstall Steady State 2.5 RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Steady State 2.5 on Windows XP thinking it was more of a "Net Nanny" program.  Realizing that it is not, I attempted to uninstall.  I first removed all user restrictions (disk protection was never put on) and then went to Control Panel/Add Remove Programs and clicked remove "Windows Steady State".  I click Yes on the "Are you sure ..." dialog box. I get a very quick progess bar and then returned to the "Add or Remove Programs" list. Steady remains in the program list and remains on the computer.

How to remove Steady State 2.5?

acmehill
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:33 PM

Answers

• Try rebooting the machine and look again in the Add/Remove section. Is it still there? Also, look in the Services tab for windows steady state or check in the Task Manager to make sure it's not running. If it is still listed in the Add/Remove list, try uninstalling it again. If a message pops up saying that "this program has already been uninstalled, would you like to remove it from the Add/Remove list", say yes. If you discover that the windows service is still up and running, try killing it, or shutting off the service, then go back to the Add/Remove and uninstall it again (if it is still listed). Otherwise I'm not sure.

Hope it helps..

Jealousy is not proof of love, nor proof of emotional immaturity
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 3:49 PM