6to4 Adapters? Wireless Desktop Problems RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Masters of the Universe!

Please help me! Initially, I had problems with intermittent problems of wireless connections with the internet, plus not having the ability to play games. This began about June 9, 2010 when the 6to4 adapter downloaded itself onto my computer. In Device Manager I had the yellow caution triangle, but that has now disappeared. However, the X-Box and HP laptop stay online with no problems.

I have reviewed, for about 5 days, the different threads regarding the 6 to4 adapter problems although most of them were dated from 2008. Dell was of no help. I have disabled, removed, and updated drivers and programs from the Dell site. I actually have more problems because although the adapter was not copying itself, it now does! I removed the copies but I think I kept the original; at least it didn't have a number beside it. Additionally, I have never seen any error codes.

So, here I hope, is enough information on my system for a pc guru to help me!

Dell, Studio XPS 435MT, Vista Home Premium-Service Pack 2, 64-bit OS

wireless adapter 5, TCP/IPv6; TCP/v4

When I enter ipconfig:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix

Link-local IPv6 Address: fe80::a089:443b:2b5d:3b12%18

IPv4 Address: 172.16.0.65

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 172.16.0.1

The Ethernet, Tunnel 6, 7, 15, and 17 adapters are Media disconnected

I am hoping this isn't too long and has some useful info in it so I can be helped. Also, if more info is needed let me know and I will attempt to locate it. I don't want to be a whiner, but I have some physical disabilities and use the online services often.

Thanks!

• Edited by lemmontree Sunday, January 16, 2011 8:39 PM
    Sunday, January 16, 2011 2:47 AM

All replies

• hope you still have all the exec  driver files you downloaded from DELL. i suggest you uninstall all wireless network devices from "device manager", restart the system,

windows will attempt to automatically re-install the drivers,don't allow windows.The manually install the DELL downloaded drivers.Goodluck Man

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:59 PM