Skype 2015 Multi tenant deployment guide RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Is anyone aware if there is a Skype for Business 2015 Multi tenant deployement guide like there was for 2013.  We are looking to install a new server and or upgrade 2013 for our Hosted Microsoft Offerings.

Thanks

Todd

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 5:28 PM

Answers

• The Lync 2013 Hosting Pack has been discontinued (http://jaapwesselius.com/2014/07/21/lync-hosting-pack-discontinued ) with no further developments, so there won't be a Skype for Business version.

Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.
    Blog
    Lync Validator - Used to assist in the validation and documentation of Lync Server 2013.

• Proposed as answer by Ben Donaldson Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Monday, May 25, 2015 7:06 AM
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:51 PM
  • Todd,

Microsoft has communicated pretty clearly about their intentions for any future "hosting pack" version of Skype for Business by their discontinuing the Lync Hosting Pack.

Do note that other vendors are doing their own version of multi-tenant Skype for Business (Lync). I know Time2Market has done this and I'm sure their are others. Also, check with hosting control panel companies, some of them bring multi-tenant to Skype for Business (fka Lync) I understand.

Thanks!
    Matt

+Say thanks and observe basic forum courtesy:
    +If this post answered your question, Mark As Answer
    +If this post was helpful, Vote as Helpful

windowspbx blog: my thots/howtos
    see/submit Lync suggestions here: simple and public

• Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Sunday, May 17, 2015 4:07 AM
    Thursday, May 14, 2015 9:54 PM

All replies

• The Lync 2013 Hosting Pack has been discontinued (http://jaapwesselius.com/2014/07/21/lync-hosting-pack-discontinued ) with no further developments, so there won't be a Skype for Business version.

Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.
    Blog
    Lync Validator - Used to assist in the validation and documentation of Lync Server 2013.

• Proposed as answer by Ben Donaldson Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:58 PM
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:51 PM
  • Thanks,

Is there any procedures or documents for deployment of Skype for Business 2015 in a hosted multi tenant environment?

Thanks

Todd

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 11:31 PM
  • Hi,

So far, there is no Microsoft document to tell if Lync Server 2013 hosted multi tenant Edition could upgrade to Skype for Business Server.

However,the on-premises version of Skype for Business Server will not offer multi-tenant functionality.

Best Regards,
    Eason Huang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 14, 2015 8:50 AM
  • Then the question will be is there a multi tenant version.  Otherwise how are Hosting providers like me and others like Intermedia and Rack space going to offer Lync?

Thanks

Todd

Thursday, May 14, 2015 2:38 PM
  • Todd,

Microsoft has communicated pretty clearly about their intentions for any future "hosting pack" version of Skype for Business by their discontinuing the Lync Hosting Pack.

Do note that other vendors are doing their own version of multi-tenant Skype for Business (Lync). I know Time2Market has done this and I'm sure their are others. Also, check with hosting control panel companies, some of them bring multi-tenant to Skype for Business (fka Lync) I understand.

Thanks!
    Matt

+Say thanks and observe basic forum courtesy:
    +If this post answered your question, Mark As Answer
    +If this post was helpful, Vote as Helpful

windowspbx blog: my thots/howtos
    see/submit Lync suggestions here: simple and public

• Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Sunday, May 17, 2015 4:07 AM
    Thursday, May 14, 2015 9:54 PM
  • I think it is time for a few of us hosting providers to evaluate our legal options.  Microsoft seems to be structuring the market and using unfair practices in order to give themselves an advantage over companies that are dependent on their products, like us.

It seems like they are taking customers away from smaller hosting companies because they now choose to also be a hosting company, but this is completely unfair.  First they offer the Service Provider Licensing to test the market and then they structure the market to steal our hard won customers.

This seems like a huge anti-trust violation to me, but I'm no lawyer.  I am looking for other hosting companies to join me in reviewing the legal aspect of these recent actions by Microsoft.  Let me know if you are a hosting company and you too are dependent on Microsoft products and you too are being push out of business by Microsoft...

I think it is time to haul them into Court and hold them accountable, if possible, and recover our loses.  TwD

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 4:07 AM
  • I agree, it seems Microsoft are pushing partners out and forcing them to use Office 365.

What Microsoft need to realise is that Office 365 is not the "be all and end all" and it doesn't suit every business particularily here in the UK and strict guidelines some companies have with regards to data location.

We are just starting out and want to offer a hosted platform and speaking to customers they simply want a personal service and don't want to go to Microsoft or AWS.

Not sure how much use we would be in a case against Microsoft as we are just starting out but I agree that something needs to be done about this.

You can see it with the SPLA model, its so expensive that looking at costs its very difficult to break even by the time you have invested in the infrastructure. Very annoying!

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 9:28 AM
  • Yeah except you probably cannot use dynamic federation with anyone like Office 365.
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 3:12 PM