Clean Intallation Giving Error Code: 0x8007045D RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!!

I've put together a new system and when trying to install Vista Home Premium 64-bit I get an error message stating the following:

"Windows cannot install required files.Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error Code:0x8007045D"

This error message comes up at 9% of the installation when the files are being extracted. 

The new system is conformed of:

M/B: Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ 3.2GHz
    RAM: Corsair 2048MB TwinX XMS2 6400 C4 DDR2 4-4-4-12 800Mhz (2 x 1024MB)
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA2
    Graphic Card: XFX GeForce 8800 GTX
    PSU: Xilence 600W Gaming Edition

It's been a few days now since I first tried to install Vista and still can't find a suitable solution. Based on suggestions I've found on the internet, so far I have done the following:

-BIOS update

-Format the HD with the utility provided by Vista

-Provide Vista the SATA controllers during the initial steps of the 
    installation

-Partitioned the HD with the Vista utility into 100Gb and 150GB

-I have scanned the Original Vista DVD with Nero CD DVD Speed to check for errors and apparently the disk is ok

- I have copied the DVD and Burn it at 4X and 2X speeds and tried to install again from those but I get exactly the same error at exactly the same point during the installation. 

- I have also tried pressing Shift+F10 on the screen for disk management to bring up the command prompt and use the "Diskpart.exe" utility and perform the "clean all" command but it says that the operation cant be performed because the disk is needed to run the system. 

Please, I have no idea what else to do to try and attempt to overcome this problem.  I would very much appreciate any suggestions that might help. 

In advance, thank you very much for you time Smile

Saturday, January 19, 2008 9:47 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Dave246,

Thank you for the reply.

Currently, I would like to provide the following suggestions:

1.   Change a DVD drive to run the installation program.

2.   Obtain a new Windows Vista disk to run the installation program.

3.   Check the hard drive. Sometimes the installation fails due to the damaged hard drive.

4.   Install Windows XP and then run Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/upgradeadvisor.mspx

5.   Copy the installation files from the Vista disk to the local hard drive and manually run the Vista installation file in Windows XP.

In addition, you mentioned your OS is Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit (OEM). However, most OEM disks can only be used on OEM computers accordingly. I am afraid you cannot use the OEM installation disk to install Windows Vista on your non-OEM computer.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 3:33 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Dave246,

Thank you for the post.

First please confirm you have formatted the drive before installing Windows Vista.

If Raid 0 (1/2/3/4/5) is configured on the computer, you may need to install Raid drivers first.

The issue can be also caused by damaged DVD drive or Windows Vista installation disk. Please install another DVD drive to test the result.

In addition, please let me know the brand and model of your computer.

As your computer is an OEM one, it is best to contact your OEM for more information about how to install Windows Vista on it as different computers may have different ways to install Windows Vista. Thank you for your understanding.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Monday, January 21, 2008 6:38 AM
  • Hello,

Thx for your prompt reply Smile

Yes, I have formated the HD before attempting the installation; it was done with the utility included in the Vista DVD. However, I can try formatting the HD on my other PC just to make sure.

There is no Raid configuration, just a single HD.

The optical drive I'm using is ASUS QuieTrack DVD-E616P2 16X

I've put the PC together myself with the components mentioned above so there is no brand or model.

Once again Thx very much for your time and help

Monday, January 21, 2008 9:57 PM
  •  

Hi Dave246,

Thank you for the reply.

Currently, I would like to provide the following suggestions:

1.   Change a DVD drive to run the installation program.

2.   Obtain a new Windows Vista disk to run the installation program.

3.   Check the hard drive. Sometimes the installation fails due to the damaged hard drive.

4.   Install Windows XP and then run Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/upgradeadvisor.mspx

5.   Copy the installation files from the Vista disk to the local hard drive and manually run the Vista installation file in Windows XP.

In addition, you mentioned your OS is Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit (OEM). However, most OEM disks can only be used on OEM computers accordingly. I am afraid you cannot use the OEM installation disk to install Windows Vista on your non-OEM computer.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 3:33 AM
  • I have the same problem, and this system had a duel boot before. and the vista was installed before, I had removed the vista and put xp back on a formatted drive, now i wanted to clean install only vista and i get the error code as seen above.

all the help i read here today, i have already done for myself.

has this problem ever got fixed?

please let me know, I want to install 32 bit vista ultimate on a xps dell 410

Monday, October 27, 2008 4:44 AM
  • I have the same problem too!

I try to install a SBS 2008 demo on a

HP DX2450 AMD X2 5200B 2GB/250 DVDRW VB/XPP

Br
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 4:21 PM
  • I'm working with a Dell Inspiron E1705. Originally it came with Windows XP and I formated the hard drive and try to install Windows Vista Premium.

All seems to work fine until it gets to the Extraction part. Unce there, the DVD would begin to make noise and after several minutes I would get the error message.
    wizzkidd®
    • Proposed as answer by Rhida Sunday, June 21, 2009 7:48 PM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 8:51 PM
  • I had the same problem when I tried to install the new Windows Vista Home Premium - the NTFS format on the CD is not complete.  So I tried the NTFS format on my old Windows XP CD - then tried to intall the New Vista Home Premium and Voila - It Worked like a charm :).  But it is a shame that after paying all that $$ for the new Windows Vista Home Premium that the install is not complete with the proper NTFS format....
    Sunday, June 21, 2009 7:53 PM