Vista tends to sleep but wakes up before it does at the last moment. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Firstly,the problem is as the title suggests that vista wakes up before it goes to sleep--meaning sleep + hibernate both r supported on my toshiba notebook.

Secondly,I have checked the powercfg -lastwake command but it doesnot report what thing is waking  up vista.

Thirdly i have looked the ms knowledgebase and it reports a solution to disable the automatic wakeup in power management tabs of the devices....did that as said but nothing works.

I even disabled all the devices that the powercfg -devicequery wake_armed command lists that do wake up vista...but still it doesnt help.

Fourthly,when I hibernate my system,it hibernates successfully,and wakes up successfully too,,now the FUN PART--

now if i make vista to sleep it does sleep and wakes up when I want it to...

So something gets corrected when i hibernate the system,and after that point sleep functions as it should..

Is there another means by which I can know what thing is it that makes vista not to sleep,if i choose it to sleep from a freshly booted system[not after using hibernate]??

Thanks for spending time .

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 10:57 PM

All replies

• Are you connected to the LAN / Ethernet via a LAN cable?

Try unplugging that and see if it enters standby?

Do you have a wireless LAN? Try disable that to try to troubleshoot the issue?

If one of troubleshooting options above works, you probably need to disable Wake On LAN for each of those devices by going to the Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> go to the LAN device -> Properties -> Power Management -> and remove the checks on "Allow the device to wake the system from standby"

Saturday, August 18, 2007 6:43 PM