none
Secondary SQL database instance (mirror, disconnected, IN recovery) mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My Secondary SQL database instance is in the (mirror, Disconnected, in Recovery) state.

Despite I have stopped the endpoint and start the Endpoint again. Restart the secondary server, it still in this state.

It will stay in (in Recovery) state when i stopped the endpoint and restart the server.

PLease advise.

Monday, June 3, 2019 8:00 AM

Answers

• My Primary SQL server instance is still in (Principal, Disconnected) state.

Yep I got it what you are saying when mirroring is in broken state the principal is fine and servers request to application but is in disconnected state meaning it is not connected to any mirror.

Do you mean reconfigure on those existing configuration or create a  new mirror configuration?

What I mean is you have to break mirroring drop the database on mirror server. Take full and log backup from current principal, restore it on mirror and reconfigure the mirroring.

Should i remove the current mirror configuration on both server?

Please advise.

Yes if you have exhausted all possible means to bring principal and mirror in connection again then by all means go ahead destroy the current mirroring and create a new one from scratch. But before please find out why this happened so that to avoid same mistake. errorlogs from principal SQL Server database would give you idea as to why mirror got disconnected

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Monday, June 3, 2019 9:56 AM
  • Hi Noobpie,

You can use below T-SQL to remove database mirroring.

ALTER DATABASE database_name SET PARTNER OFF  

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Noobpie Tuesday, June 4, 2019 8:18 AM
    Tuesday, June 4, 2019 6:58 AM

All replies

• Yes the mirroring seems broken, if you are not able to bring it in sync mode you may need to reconfigure mirroring again

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Monday, June 3, 2019 8:13 AM
  • Hi Shashank,

My Primary SQL server instance is still in (Principal, Disconnected) state.

Do you mean reconfigure on those existing configuration or create a  new mirror configuration?

Please advise.

Monday, June 3, 2019 8:28 AM

• My Primary SQL server instance is still in (Principal, Disconnected) state.

Yep I got it what you are saying when mirroring is in broken state the principal is fine and servers request to application but is in disconnected state meaning it is not connected to any mirror.

What I mean is you have to break mirroring drop the database on mirror server. Take full and log backup from current principal, restore it on mirror and reconfigure the mirroring.

Please advise.

Yes if you have exhausted all possible means to bring principal and mirror in connection again then by all means go ahead destroy the current mirroring and create a new one from scratch. But before please find out why this happened so that to avoid same mistake. errorlogs from principal SQL Server database would give you idea as to why mirror got disconnected

Cheers,

Shashank

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Monday, June 3, 2019 9:56 AM
  • Hi Noobpie,

You can use below T-SQL to remove database mirroring.

ALTER DATABASE database_name SET PARTNER OFF  

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Noobpie Tuesday, June 4, 2019 8:18 AM
    Tuesday, June 4, 2019 6:58 AM