cannot edit Sharepoint webpart content editor RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am a SP site collection administrator at my organization.  I am not able to edit webapp content editor.  What other permission do I need to edit SP content editor?

Besides being SP site collections administrator, I am a member of other SharePoint groups.

Design, Manage Hierarchy, Full control.

Thank you for your help.

Monday, October 6, 2014 3:58 AM

Answers

• I am a site collection admin, and I am not able to edit webpart.  I solved it by adding myself into "Style Resource Readers" group.

Thanks for all your help.

• Marked as answer by Brichardi Wednesday, October 8, 2014 1:43 PM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Brichardi,

Are you able to edit the webpart page or not.

In which library are you saving this webpart page. Is it pages library or site pages.

I suggest go to that library and check do you have Full control permissions on that particular library.

You can do this by clicking on check permissions from the SharePoint ribbon after you go to library permissions.

Avinash

Monday, October 6, 2014 4:16 AM
  • Hi Brichardi,

Do you get something useful from Avinash's suggestion? Any progress?

Best regards,

Patrick

Patrick Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 7:41 AM
  • hi

having site collection admin rights should be enough. What exact steps you perform when try to edit web part? Is page successfully switched to edit mode when you click Site actions > Edit page? Can you add end edit other web parts in the same and other web part zones on the page? Is the problem reproduced in all browsers or only in specific browser? Do you see any javascript errors in browser console (F12 in IE and FF)?

Blog - http://sadomovalex.blogspot.com
    Dynamic CAML queries via C# - http://camlex.codeplex.com

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 9:14 AM
  • I am a site collection admin, and I am not able to edit webpart.  I solved it by adding myself into "Style Resource Readers" group.

Thanks for all your help.

• Marked as answer by Brichardi Wednesday, October 8, 2014 1:43 PM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 1:43 PM