Is it possible to prevent Service Requests from "auto-completing" after the last Activity is Completed? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello SCSM community!

I am running into an issue wherein Service Requests that are "auto-completed" when all Activities are Completed are triggering my Service Request completion Workflow which sends out a Notification Template in which the Implementation Notes data property is blank (because the Assigned Analyst does not get a chance to complete the field).

Is there anyway for SCSM to not "auto-complete" Service Requests when the final Activity is Completed?

I tried changing the Criteria data property that triggers the Workflow - I was using:

Changed from

[Service Request] Status does not equal Completed

Changed to

[Service Request] Status equals Completed

Which, as stated above, sends the Notification Template with a blank Implementation Notes data property field.

So I tried using:

Changed from

[Service Request] Notes is Null

Changed to

[Service Request] Notes is Not Null

Since the Implementation Notes field is editable after the Service Request is Completed I presumed that I would be able to have Service Request Completion Notification Templates triggered when the Assigned Analyst completed the Implementation Notes field of the Service Request rather than when the Service Request Status was changed to Completed as a result of all Activities being Completed. This did not work - no Notification Template was ever sent. I am guessing that SCSM prevents Completed/Resolved Work Items from triggering Workflows; otherwise, it should have worked.

Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated!

• Edited by Lex Jensen Monday, April 15, 2013 10:17 PM
    Monday, April 15, 2013 10:16 PM

Answers

• I am guessing that SCSM prevents Completed/Resolved Work Items from triggering Workflows;

This is not true.

What about your case than I checked your scenario and it worked fine. So you must check your criteria again.

SCSMSolutions
    email: freemanru (at) gmail (dot) com

• Marked as answer by Lex Jensen Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:05 PM
    Monday, April 15, 2013 11:41 PM

All replies

• I am guessing that SCSM prevents Completed/Resolved Work Items from triggering Workflows;

This is not true.

What about your case than I checked your scenario and it worked fine. So you must check your criteria again.

SCSMSolutions
    email: freemanru (at) gmail (dot) com

• Marked as answer by Lex Jensen Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:05 PM
    Monday, April 15, 2013 11:41 PM
  • You are correct - it did eventually work. It seems like it took a while for the workflow to begin triggering once I made changes it to it - maybe like 1 hour or so.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:07 PM