none
Exchange 2013 - Identify users configured for TXT notifications

Question

• Is there a way to identify how many users have configured their account for TXT notifications? I am guessing that the information can be retrieved using powershell somehow.

Thanks!

Tom

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 4:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Tom,

Text notification which could be noticed includes calendar notification, voice notification and email notification using an inbox rule, we could refer to the following link:

https://support.office.com/en-au/article/Text-messaging-notifications-in-Outlook-Web-App-4154bd15-4f2b-4854-8297-1ae55649f158?ui=en-US&rs=en-AU&ad=AU

Then, we could run the following command to list user account:

Get-UMMailbox | ? {($_.UMSMSNotificationOption -like "VoiceMail") -or ($_.UMSMSNotificationOption -like "VoiceMailAndMissedCalls")}

Get-Mailbox | Get-InboxRule |? {$_.SendTextMessageNotificationTo -ne "$null"} 

Get-Mailbox | Get-CalendarNotification | ? {($_.DailyAgendaNotification -eq "$true") -or ($_.CalendarUpdateNotification -eq "$true") -or ($_.MeetingReminderNotification -eq "$true")}

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 4:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

Thank you for your question.

For better solution to you, please tell us more details which is about “TXT notification”?

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu

Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:01 AM
  • Exchange provides the "Text Messaging Delivery Agent Connector" which users can enable TXT notifications to their mobile devices in OWA / Options / Phone / Text Messaging

We are reviewing the connector and its use and I would like to find a way to identify connector usage. I thought if there is a way to identify how many users have performed this Text Messaging activation and provided a phone number, i could determine what impact to my users would be if i make changes to the connector.

Thanks!

Tom

Thursday, December 10, 2015 4:02 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Text notification which could be noticed includes calendar notification, voice notification and email notification using an inbox rule, we could refer to the following link:

https://support.office.com/en-au/article/Text-messaging-notifications-in-Outlook-Web-App-4154bd15-4f2b-4854-8297-1ae55649f158?ui=en-US&rs=en-AU&ad=AU

Then, we could run the following command to list user account:

Get-UMMailbox | ? {($_.UMSMSNotificationOption -like "VoiceMail") -or ($_.UMSMSNotificationOption -like "VoiceMailAndMissedCalls")}

Get-Mailbox | Get-InboxRule |? {$_.SendTextMessageNotificationTo -ne "$null"} 

Get-Mailbox | Get-CalendarNotification | ? {($_.DailyAgendaNotification -eq "$true") -or ($_.CalendarUpdateNotification -eq "$true") -or ($_.MeetingReminderNotification -eq "$true")}

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Jim Xu

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 4:36 AM