none
Error create Secure Store Service

All replies

• Hi

please check the log file and provide more details

The default location is:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\Logs

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:43 PM
  • Please check this below

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/9ce44b40-205f-439c-a7cc-d52a1aa6e841/failed-to-create-the-target-application-because-of-the-following-errors-access-is-denied?forum=sharepointadminprevious

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:50 PM
  • Hi,

In general, this issue is caused by that the users being entered into the Target Application Administrators for the new target application are not being entered as a valid claim.

To avoid this issue, you can enter the user in format that is a valid claim based on what claim type mappings are configured for the trusted identity provider.

Example:

Email Address claim is the identifier claim for the trusted identity provider, and windowsaccountname is not mapped.  When creating the target application, the user is entered into the Target Application Administrators field as “contoso\dean” instead of as “dean@contoso.com”.

If you have already done this, you can try to create an additional entry in AAM Alternate Access Mapping.

By the way, I suggest you check for ULS logs, which would give you useful information to figure out the root cause.

ULS viewer is a good tool to check for ULS logs:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=44020

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 11:09 AM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update about this issue?
    If my reply is helpful to you, you can mark as answer.
    Thanks,
    Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 12:47 PM