ie 11 won't open RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded explorer 11 last night. when i try to open it all it does is try to open then close. i'm running 10 now. any suggestions??
    Sunday, November 17, 2013 4:37 PM

Answers

•  it still opens, tries to load then closes.

That can be a symptom of interference from misconfigured security products, so try doing that same test during a safe mode boot.  Another known cause is a user attempting to install IE into a redirected %ProgramFiles% directory.  E.g. IE must be installed on the same volume that  %windir%  is on.  Use ProcMon to supplement and understand your symptom description.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Monday, November 25, 2013 6:35 AM
    Sunday, November 24, 2013 2:57 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Use No Add-ons mode/ Click the Start button and type in the search box,

Internet explorer

Click on the suggestion (No Add-ons) or it’s located at,

Start/ All programs/ Accessories folder/ System tools folder/ No add-ons.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-10-win-7

Tweaks for Internet explorer

Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:20 PM
  • thanks but that did not help. it still opens, tries to load then closes. any other suggestions

Thursday, November 21, 2013 5:24 PM
  •  it still opens, tries to load then closes.

That can be a symptom of interference from misconfigured security products, so try doing that same test during a safe mode boot.  Another known cause is a user attempting to install IE into a redirected %ProgramFiles% directory.  E.g. IE must be installed on the same volume that  %windir%  is on.  Use ProcMon to supplement and understand your symptom description.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Monday, November 25, 2013 6:35 AM
    Sunday, November 24, 2013 2:57 AM
    Answerer