none
Installing SSPR Client without outlook add-in RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Would someone be able to assist on how to install the SSPR client without the FIM Outlook add-in automatically.  I know manually, you can opt to not select the FIM outlook Add-in and go on with the FIM password.

Thank you,

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

and the end of the following article you will find the parameters on how to install PasswordResetClient only.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj134284(v=ws.10).aspx

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 2:11 PM
  • Thank you. I have that in my script.  However, when I run the script it is asking for a monitored_email service account, where it never use to before.

Do you know why this might be?

Let me give you a little background, we upgraded from 2008 server to 2012 server and we have to update the password client to point to the new server.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 6:12 PM
  • Hi,

so for changeing the setting where the Password Client should point to, it might be easier to use GPOs rathen than re-deploy the client.

These GPO settings will overwrite the "old" setting that were used on install the client.

This make also more sense if your FIM version did not change.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 6:18 PM
  • Thank you Peter.  Let me ask you or anyone, without entering monitored email switch within the script, The SSPR Client fails to install with the following error:

vent Viewer error :    Product: Forefront Identity Manager Add-ins and Extensions -- You must specify FIM Service account email address

This did not happen in the previous install when it was on windows server 2008 R2.  Now that we upgraded to server 2012 R2 and reinstalled the same FIM version. Is there a way to check if we opted or selected the outlook addin by mistake?  We don't want this in our current environment.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 9:50 PM