Word 2007 VBA BuildingBlock templates RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to Word VBA (though reasonably competent with Excel VBA) and I am trying to establish a library of text blocks so that I can generate bespoke documents from the library of stored texts.  I am having difficulty finding any suitable generic guidance in this area.  My particular issues at present are:

1   How can I store a Style, eg "Heading 1", with the text within the template, so that it retains that Style when I retrieve it?

2  Is it possible to dump all the contents of a template (detailing name, type, category, style, etc) in order to check total content and/or name/category/type for future retrieval reference?

Any suggestions of suitable learning/tutorial material, preferably on-line, would be appreciated too.

Thanks
    Robert

Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:12 PM

Answers

• Hi UKlizard, as this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Microsoft Office forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/office2010

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:48 AM
    Monday, September 20, 2010 1:13 AM