none
Replica inconsistent RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I got the following replica inconsistent error:

"The replica of Volume S:\ on dhnl009fp001.intra.local is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent. 

For SharePoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with the databases that are consistent. To backup inconsistent databases, run a consistency check on the farm. (ID 3106)

The Operation failed since DPM was unable to access the file/folder \\?\Volume{fdc27e21-d3d4-11e3-b9f7-806e6f6e6963}\test\ on  dhnl009fp001.intra.local. This could be due to the file/folder being corrupt or the file system on the volume being corrupt. (ID 2036 Details: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable (0x80070570))"

The Operation failed since DPM was unable to access the file/folder \\?\Volume{fdc27e21-d3d4-11e3-b9f7-806e6f6e6963}\test\ on  dhnl009fp001.intra.local. This could be due to the file/folder being corrupt or the file system on the volume being corrupt. (ID 2036 Details: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable (0x80070570))"

I tried to delete the folder but was not able to. Then, I excluded it from backup and still got the same error. I don't understand as to why is it still pointing to the folder after being excluded. Can anyone help?

Thanks and Regards,

Preethi Nair

Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please run chkdsk /f s: from an administrative command prompt on the protected server to fix file system corruption.

The reason the exclusion results in the same error is because we have to read the directory before we can compare it's name to the excluded one and remove files already protected under it which we cannot do because of the file system corruption.  

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, July 16, 2015 4:07 PM